Posted by RONSMALLBHD on MARCH 14, 2019
Harley-Davidson has announced that project Livewire™ has been completed, and is ready for launch in August with the model year 2020 Motorcycles. LiveWire™ represents the future of Harley-Davidson, bringing high-performance electric propulsion, evocative design, and cellular connectivity to today’s rider. The first of a new portfolio of motorcycles that provides an all new two-wheel experience, LiveWire™ delivers thrilling acceleration, nimble agile handling, premium materials and finishes, and a full suite of electronic rider aids and interfaces for a completely connected experience.
To Pre-Order a 2020 LiveWire™, you can visit Our Store at Brian’s Harley-Davidson® and fill out a contact form, or pre-order online at H-D.com/Livewire. Motorcycle deliveries are estimated to begin this Fall. Pre-orders do not guarantee a motorcycle but do reserve an allotted model.
Features Of The New Livewire™:
An all-new Riding Experience with Iconic Harley-Davidson Power
Accessible to new motorcyclists and a thrill for accomplished riders, LiveWire™ is the perfect combination of power, performance and technology. Features include:
- Amazing acceleration: from 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds. The instant torque provided by the electric motor can produce 100 percent of its rated torque the instant the throttle is twisted, and 100 percent of that torque is always available.
- Twist-and-Go Ease of Use: Electric power requires no clutch and no gear shifting, greatly simplifying operation for new riders. All riders will appreciate the braking effect of the power regeneration mode as it adds charge to the battery, especially in stop-and-go urban traffic.
- H-D™ Connect Service: The LiveWire™ motorcycle is equipped with H-D™ Connect service, the result of its collaboration with Panasonic Automotive. H-D™ Connect pairs motorcycle riders with their bikes through an LTE-enabled Telematics Control Unit coupled with connectivity and cloud services using the latest version of the Harley-Davidson App. With H-D™ Connect, data is collected and transferred to the app to provide information to the rider’s smartphone about:
- Motorcycle status: Information available through H-D™ Connect includes battery charge status and available range from any location where sufficient cellular signal is available. This allows the rider to remotely check the charge status including charge level and time to completion. A charge station location finder is integrated into the H-D App.
- Tamper alerts and vehicle location: Through the H-D App, H-D™ Connect indicates the location of the parked LiveWire™ and alerts can be sent to the rider’s smartphone if the bike is bumped, tampered with or moved. GPS-enabled stolen-vehicle tracking provides peace of mind that the motorcycle’s location can be tracked (Requires law enforcement assistance. Available in select markets).
- Service reminders and notifications: Reminders about upcoming vehicle service requirements and other vehicle care notifications will be provided to the rider through the H-D App. In addition, riders will receive automated service reminders.
- Performance and range optimized for the urban street-rider: with the ability to travel an estimated 110 miles of urban roads on a single charge.
- Handling and control: the LiveWire™ motorcycle chassis is designed to deliver nimble, agile handling for confident control on urban streets and a thrilling ride on curving backroads. The motor sits low in the motorcycle to lower the center of gravity and help the motorcycle handle well at all speeds and make it easier to control when stopped. Standard ABS, traction control and programmable ride modes also enhance the riding experience.
- Distinctive Harley-Davidson sound, minimal vibration: LiveWire™ features an electric powertrain that produces minimal vibration, very little heat, and minimal noise, all of which enhance rider comfort. The LiveWire™ model is designed to produce a new signature Harley-Davidson sound as it accelerates and gains speed; this new futuristic sound represents the smooth, electric power of the LiveWire™ motorcycle.
History of Livewire™
From Project LiveWire™ to LiveWire™
The vision behind the production LiveWire™ motorcycle began with Project LiveWire, revealed as a prototype in 2014. Through a traveling demo program, Project LiveWire gave potential customers the opportunity to provide feedback on what they would want from a true Harley-Davidson electric motorcycle and shape the evolution of the motorcycle in keeping with the Motor Company’s customer-led approach. The response was very enthusiastic – and the production LiveWire™ incorporates knowledge gained from the development of the prototypes, feedback from customer demos, further design progress at Harley-Davidson and the latest advanced technology.